Junior Systems Administrator
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Information of Technology Services
Position Number: 000397
Position Title: Junior Systems Administrator
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Senior Systems Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Systems Administrator, this position will serve as a junior systems administrator for Eckerd College. This position will be charged with setting up and maintaining servers in accordance with all College IT policies, plans, and guidelines. This position will need strong working knowledge of server operating systems including Windows (primary) and Linux (secondary). Servers will be hosted in a virtual environment (VMWare) connected to a storage area network as well as in Amazon Web Services. There is an expectation of night and weekend work as needed to perform maintenance tasks or troubleshoot system outages.
● Active Directory domain administration tasks including; user account maintenance, OU organization, computer object management and group policy management.
● Windows Server Management; File, Print, DHCP, DNS
● Configuration Manager; image deployment, auditing, patching
● Install, configure, and monitor College Backup system and colocation replication.
● Database installation and backup (MSSQL, Mariadb)
● Google Apps management and SAML configuration.
● Assists Senior Systems administrator in evaluating and designing new systems.
● Serves as primary backup to Senior Systems Administrator
● Responsible for ensuring regular backup of all college systems
● Coordinates with the Senior Systems Administrator and the Network Analyst on issues pertaining to the campus-wide and colocation network infrastructure
● Other duties as assigned by the Senior Systems Administrator.
Position Directly Supervises:
● Bachelor's degree in computer related field and a minimum of three years' experience in data management
● Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Active Directory, virtualization, and network protocols.
● Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff
● Proven ability to initiate, track, and manage successfully multiple detail-oriented projects simultaneously.
● Self-starter who will work with a minimum of supervision
● Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with ITS personnel, students, and campus computer users (technical and non-technical)
● A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media