Head Coach and Director of Sailing
- - Athletics
- St Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Number: 000596
Position Title: Head Coach and Director of Sailing
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Head Coach/Director of Sailing is responsible for the operation, success, and growth of the Sailing Team at Eckerd College with the goal of providing opportunities for student development in a structured learning environment outside of the formal classroom setting and in conjunction with the mission of Eckerd College.
● Develop, implement and execute a recruiting plan.
● Maintain a close working relationship with the College's Admissions Office and comply with all Admissions/Athletics recruitment expectations.
● Develop and nurture a comprehensive network of fundraising sources, including but not limited to parents, Private Yacht and Country Clubs, junior programs, and alumni.
● Schedule, supervise and coordinate all team practices.
● Provide performance evaluations for each team member and the Assistant Head Coach.
● Develop, implement and maintain Sailing Team policies and procedures.
● Create and manage the Sailing Team budget.
● Create a repair, replace, and maintenance plan to maintain the fleet
● Ensure that all team powerboat drivers are certified through the Waterfront Training program.
● Maintain the College's memberships with the Intercollegiate Sailing Association (ICSA) and the South Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Association (SAISA).
● Schedule all team regatta participation (to be approved by the Athletics Director).
● Plan for and supervise all aspects of team travel in coordination with the Assistant Head Coach. Ensure that sailor student athletes are exemplary representatives of Eckerd College.
● Maintain positive, professional relationships with regatta officials.
● Coordination and management of all host regattas.
● Solicit support for the team through individuals and business/corporate sponsorships in cooperation with the Director of Athletics and the Office of Advancement.
● Maintain active contact with Sailing Team alumni, parents, and Friends of the Waterfront by providing news and information concerning regattas and general team updates/highlights.
● Organizing and schedule sailing camps and elite, VIP sailing clinics/schools staffed by student athletes and coaching staff.
● Other Duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Position Directly Supervises: Assistant Head Sailing Coach
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
● Knowledge of ICSA rules & regulations.
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent coaching and student mentoring skills
● Well-developed written and oral communication skills and computer skills
● An understanding of the educational and developmental dimensions of intercollegiate sports in a residential liberal arts context.
Education (training / experience)
● Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree is preferred from a regionally accredited college or university.
● College sailing experience.
● College-level coaching experience
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media