Director of Special Gifts
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Director of Special Gifts
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor (Title): Associate Vice President for Development
The Director of Special Gifts assists the Eckerd College Advancement team in sustaining and increasing leadership gifts of $1,000 or more from alumni, parents and friends through the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospective donors.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Development, the Director of Special Gifts has the following primary responsibilities:
• Identify, cultivate and solicit donors for gifts of $1,000 to $10,000 in regions throughout the country with focus in St. Petersburg, Tampa and the state of Florida.
• Place emphasis on securing unrestricted gifts for the Eckerd Fund, particularly at the President's Circle level ($5,000), as well as leadership level ($1,000) gifts for the various affinity groups of the College such as the Waterfront, Athletics, Library, academic programs and reunion classes.
• Proactively manage donors to generate a high level of engagement and prospect contact while maintaining a strict personal visit and solicitation goal of a minimum of 20 visits per month to include timely follow-up, detailed visit reports and strategic next steps.
• When appropriate, collaborate with Advancement colleagues on the strategy for and solicitation of major ($25,000+) and planned gifts.
• Coordinate fundraising activity with Advancement colleagues and other administrative and academic departments to maximize gift revenue and approach donors in a consistent manner.
• Represent Eckerd College at public functions and community and campus events.
• Perform other duties as required by the Vice President for Advancement and the Associate Vice President for Development.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• A flexible and adaptable team player with outstanding planning and organizational talents who enjoys the challenge of setting and meeting goals.
• A self-starter with a proven track record of gift negotiation and closure.
• Ability to travel extensively and work nights and weekends as required.
• A clear understanding of and appreciation for the role of a private liberal arts college and a commitment to promoting its philosophy, mission and objectives, and the ability to translate these into creative fundraising strategies for the arts and other initiatives of the College.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree, plus two to four years of relevant experience in educational fundraising or comparable field.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media