- - Business Office
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Accounting Assistant
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Budget & Finance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position reports to the Director of Budget & Finance, with day-to-day direction provided by several senior members of the Finance team. This position is responsible for providing timely, accurate and efficient customer service to all vendors, both external and internal. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated. Applicants must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Accuracy in data entry and computer skills is required for this position.
• Review invoice voucher packages and/or purchase requisitions; verify the account coding, budgetary approvals, and matching of the invoice along with receipt documentation and any other relevant documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies prior to data entry.
• Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays vendors by scheduling and preparing check runs twice-a-week.
• Disburse cash advances by recording entry and verifying documentation. Maintain cash advance excel worksheet.
• Research and answer internal and external disbursement questions.
• Data entry of invoice vouchers, purchase requisitions and/or journal entries into the Banner system.
• Monthly reconciliation of outstanding invoices with the A/P sub-ledger.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains current knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines to provide assistance to students, staff, and faculty in a timely and courteous manner.
• Maintain and update vendor records in Banner along with verifying federal identification numbers.
• Assist in identifying and reporting taxable vendor payments.
• Data entry of monthly department charges for office supplies, copying, printing and storage fees.
• Assist with monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
• Provide backup and perform special projects as needed within the Business Office.
• Interacts with external auditors and participates in occasional auditing projects or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
• Perform financial analyses and other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline preferred
• 2+ years' experience performing accounting, bookkeeping, or accounts payable duties preferred.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
• Strong organizational ability and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to interact with faculty, staff and vendors in a clear and professional manner.
• Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word. Banner experience is a plus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media