- - Admission and Financial Aid
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
TITLE: ADMISSION COUNSELOR
DEPARTMENT: Admission Office
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL TIME
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Director of Admission
JOB PURPOSE: Eckerd College seeks an articulate, responsible, high-energy person for the position of Admission Counselor. This position is involved in all aspects of territory management.
Responsibilities include interviewing and recruiting prospective students and their parents; reviewing and evaluating admission files; utilizing effective communication and relationship building with prospective students by letter, phone and e-mail; explaining and discussing financial aid processes and financial aid packages for new students; assisting with office event planning, research and publication projects. Ability to represent the College and articulate the value of a liberal arts degree to various external constituencies such as prospective students and their parents, secondary school guidance counselors and teachers, influencers of prospective students, and others. Extensive travel required. A Spanish speaker is highly desired.
Work Experience: Previous admission experience helpful, but not required.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Licenses: Valid driver's license.
Desired Work Traits:
• Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds including staff, faculty, and students.
• A high energy individual with a strong commitment to Eckerd College and a liberal arts education.
• An engaging personality who can be a self-starter.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Appropriate Performance Expectations:
• Ability to travel 7-9 weeks in the fall and 3-5 weeks in the spring.
o Fall travel includes 4-5 high school visits per day; 3-5 college fairs per week; area interviews in the evening and on weekends.
• Review and provide recommendations in excess of 70 applications per week during high application volume times.
• Responsive in correspondence with prospective students, parents, college counselors and other campus offices via multiple channels.
• Develop a strategic and deep understanding of a recruitment territory as it relates to meeting application, admission and enrollment goals established by Director and Vice President.
Seasonal evening and weekend work. Required travel to participate in college fairs, high school visits, and off-campus programs. Must be able to lift packages and equipment up to 50 pounds.
As part of its strategic plan, Eckerd College is building a diverse academic community and welcomes applications from historically underrepresented groups.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME ONLINE:
Online application: www.eckerd.hirecentric.com
The review of applications will begin with a desired mid-July start date.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media