Campus Safety and Security Officer
- - Campus Safety and Security
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Campus Safety
Position Title: Campus Safety and Security Officer
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Assistant Director of Campus Safety and Security
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Campus Safety and Security Officer provides safety and security services which include the implementation and administration of programs that assist the Eckerd College community in maintaining order and/or improving the personal safety of the students, faculty, staff, guests and property of the College.
• Maintains a high visibility on campus as directed; always looking professional and exhibiting a pleasant personality in public.
• Responds to calls for service or emergencies on campus, in a timely manner, and proceeds according to standard operating procedures and guidelines.
• Enforces College policies according to EC handbook, local, state, and federal laws.
• Creates incident reports for all policy violations and incidents in a well-written and concise format providing the necessary information for follow up by supervisors and/or other departments.
• Communicates effectively with colleagues, departments and constituents in order to create a common understanding.
• Answers the phone, collects and/or provides information, and dispatches Officers to respond to calls as necessary.
• Conducts routine patrols of campus perimeter, exterior and interior of buildings, and special events to act as a preventative presence, enforce policies, and report and possibly correct deficiencies in security.
• Knows the location of key personnel, emergency equipment, and basic layout of buildings (including fire alarm panel, electrical panels, and access points).
• Completes preventative fire and life safety equipment checks, understands how to properly use fire/life safety equipment and is willing to utilize life safety equipment during an emergency.
• Perform access control by greeting individuals entering campus, registering guests, and locking/unlocking buildings.
• Works closely with other College departments to help foster a safe and collaborative environment.
• Willingness to engage in training and apply new techniques.
• Perform locksmith duties (i.e. cut keys and change locks).
• Enforce parking policies through communication and ticketing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Applicants must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to pass and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
• Willingness to wear established departmental uniform while on duty
• Must be able to perform and meet the physical demands required in this position (i.e., foot patrols, bicycle patrols, climbing stairs, sit or stand for long periods of time)
• Must be competent with computerized information systems and be able to accurately type reports using word processing software
• Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
• Possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's License and be able to obtain vehicle insurance.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required, some college preferred.
EOE. Applications from women and minorities encouraged.