- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Information Technology Services
Position Number: 000377
Position Title: Network Analyst
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Network Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The position is responsible for the operation of the college's data and telecommunications infrastructure including both wired and wireless networks. This position also configures, maintains, and supports the campus PBX.
● Supporting the network/telephony infrastructure; cable runs, rack management, line termination, in wall line installation
● Configuring and managing a PBX; voicemail administration, handset programming, call trees, direct dial.
● Responsible for installation of networking hardware. This often includes physical lifting of switches, APs and UPS systems as well as working on a ladder.
● Responsible for network performance, problem resolution, and monitoring across both the campus backbone and remote sites
● Coordinates with the Network Engineer and Systems Administrator and others in ITS on issues pertaining to the campus-wide network infrastructure, business continuity and disaster recovery
● Documenting system layouts and configurations.
● Serves as backup support to the Network Engineer
● Other duties as assigned.
Position Directly Supervises:
● Bachelor's degree in computer related field and a minimum of five years networking experience
● Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networking, wireless networking, routers, subnets, SNMP, IDS/firewall, packet shaping, colocation, ethernet, switches, and cabling
● Knowledge of desktop computer hardware and software
● Knowledge of Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems
● Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Telephony technologies
● Self-starter who will work with a minimum of supervision
● Ability to communicate effectively with ITS personnel, students and campus computer users-technical and non-technical
● Requires weekend and evening work as necessary.
● Experience with NEC PBX phone systems
● Experience with Extreme Network Switches
● Experience with Ruckus wireless networks