Digital Content Manager
- - Marketing & Communications
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Office of Marketing and Communications
Position Title: Digital Content Manager
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Marketing, Communications and Web Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary (briefly describe the general purpose of the position):
The Digital Content Manager will assist with the creation and implementation of social media and related digital marketing content and initiatives, including video, to support College marketing goals. The position will work closely with Marketing & Communications and Admissions staff to implement and assess digital strategies and tactics that support the goals.
Essential Functions (list primary functions of the position):
● Create text, photo and video (both recorded and live) content for College social media channels and digital marketing campaigns for the Offices of Admission and Advancement.
● Interview and collaborate with departments, students and alumni to create said content. Support the social media strategies of the Offices of Admission, Advancement as well as Marketing and Communications.
● Set up ads, ad sets and campaigns on social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to fulfill marketing strategies for the Offices.
● Analyze campaigns to support real-time decision-making regarding how to optimize advertising dollars spent in digital marketing campaigns.
● Act as an on-brand voice of the College through daily management, execution and moderation of the College's central social media profiles.
● Support a team of "embedded" student photographers/videographers designed to capture student-generated content in our digital asset management system.
Position Directly Supervises (name/title):
No supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position):
● Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design principles
● Proficiency in photography and experience with DSLR and GoPro as well as photographic lighting techniques
● Proficiency in publishing posts, stories and filters on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube
● Ability to edit photography with Adobe Photoshop software
● Demonstrated ability to create and edit video using Adobe Premiere software
● Knowledge of Facebook Business/Advertising platform
● Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
● Familiarity with YouTube Creator Studio
● Ability to work with and motivate a team of student photographers
● Strong writing skills with ability to adopt College "voice"
● Timeliness, respect for deadlines and willingness to continue learning emerging technologies and platforms
Education (training / experience):
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, new media, design, visual arts or related field.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media