Assistant Director of Major Gifts
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Eckerd College Position Description
Job Title: Assistant Director of Major Gifts
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor (Title): Director of Major Gifts
The Assistant Director of Major Gifts supports the Eckerd Advancement Team in developing annual
leadership and major gift donors within the context of a personal, affinity-driven fundraising
Under the direction of the Director of Major Gifts, the Assistant Director of Major Gifts has primary
● Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit major gift, planned gift, and leadership annual fund donors
across the country.
● Proactively and strategically manage a portfolio of approximately 150–200 prospects and donors,
generate a high level of activity and prospect contact; record all substantive activity in contact
● In concert with the Director of Major Gifts, assist in the formulation of major and annual
leadership gift program strategies.
● Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Eckerd's strategic priorities and goals
● Represent Eckerd College at public functions and community and campus events.
● Work with other administrative and academic departments to coordinate activities to
maximize gift revenue, and to approach donors in a consistent and coordinated manner.
● Perform other duties as required by the Vice President for Advancement and the Director of
KNOWLEDGE. ABILITIES AND SKILLS
● Excellent written and verbal skills.
● A flexible and adaptable team player with outstanding planning and organizational talents who
enjoys the challenge of setting and meeting goals.
● A self-starter with a proven track record of gift negotiation and closure.
● A clear understanding and appreciation of the role of a private liberal arts college and a
commitment to promoting its philosophy, mission and objectives, and the ability to translate
these into creative fundraising strategies.
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all Advancement staff
and colleagues across campus
● Intellectually curious with a proactive, problem-solving mindset
● Ability to travel extensively and work nights and weekends as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor's degree, plus 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in educational fundraising or
● Experience with Raiser's Edge helpful but not required
EOE. Applications from women and minorities encouraged.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media