- - Information Technology
- ST. PETERSBURG, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Information of Technology Services
Position Title: Software Engineer
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Assistant Director ITS
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, this position will serve as a software engineer for Eckerd College. This position will be charged with researching, designing, developing, and installing software solutions in support of the College mission. This position will work in both a Linux (primary) and Windows (secondary) environment. Systems will be hosted both on premises (Vmware) and in in the cloud (AWS). There is an expectation of night and weekend work as needed to perform maintenance tasks or troubleshoot system outages.
● Ability to analyze software solutions to identify the following; required components to achieve desired results, expected implementation timeline, integration requirements, compatibility with current systems and infrastructure.
● Understanding of authentication systems including Active Directory, LDAP, oAuth2 and SAML.
● Building database driven applications and writing custom queries (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL). This will often include the need to extract data, manipulate it, and redisplay it in a different application.
● Documentation of system designs including the use of flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, code comments, etc.
● Ability to interact with consumers of technology to understand their needs and problems in order to develop solutions in a timely and cost effective manner.
● Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
● Three years' experience in data management
● General programming skills
● Experience in software debugging, testing, and documentation.
● Ability to layout software design, development, and process requirements.
● Experience using a code versioning repository.
● Experience working in a Linux environment.
● Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff
● Proven ability to initiate, track, and manage successfully multiple detail-oriented projects simultaneously.
● Self-starter who will work with a minimum of supervision
● Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with ITS personnel, students, and campus computer users (technical and non-technical)
● A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
● Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
EOE. Applications from women and minorities encouraged.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media