Executive Assistant to the Dean of Faculty
- - Dean of Faculty
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Dean of Faculty
Position Number: 000370
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Dean of Faculty
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Dean of Faculty
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary (briefly describe the general purpose of the position)
The Executive Assistant to the Dean of Faculty serves as the primary contact person for the office, ensuring that faculty, staff, students, and the general public are given a welcoming and helpful reception. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support including but not limited to preparing correspondence, filing, scheduling meetings, copying, scanning, data entry, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions (list primary functions of the position with the percent of time generally allocated to each)
• Serve as primary liaison between faculty members and the Dean, effectively communicating messages and clarifying issues.
• Maintain a customer service oriented focus in dealing with college faculty, staff, and the general public.
• Manage the Dean of Faculty's appointment calendar and meeting schedules, arrange and coordinate internal meetings as requested.
• Generate routine correspondence, assist with Board of Trustee materials preparation, and coordinate planning with the President's Office personnel when necessary.
• Create, develop, and maintain confidential faculty files and various other record keeping for all faculty. Work with HR for timely completion of documentation for new faculty hires and terminations.
• Take minutes for the Faculty Meeting, Board of Trustees Committee Meeting, Educational Program & Policy Committee, and other meetings as deemed necessary by the Dean.
• Handle purchases and keep accurate account of all budget lines directly related to the Dean of Faculty's office. Assist the Dean with monitoring all budget lines within the Academic Area.
• Assist with financial tracking and filing of scheduled payments to faculty, students, and staff
• Reserve Faculty Lounge space for various meetings and events.
• Coordinate special events for the Dean of Faculty's office.
• Assist the Dean with creating yearly academic and meeting calendars.
• Update the Dean of Faculty's web page as necessary.
• Work in conjunction with the Dean and Collegial Administrative Assistants to coordinate faculty office moves in the summer.
• Provide support to the Academic Area administrative assistants to share updates and ensure uniform practices.
• Assist with any other projects, assignments, or duties that may be delegated from time to time.
Position Directly Supervises (name/title)
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of work
• Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work well under pressure, maintaining positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the general public
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative, good judgment, and critical thinking skills
• Ability to quickly learn new computer applications used in data tracking, recording, and monitoring
• Ability to organize and manage assigned projects with a minimum of supervision
Education (training / experience)
• Experience working in an office environment required; experience in an academic environment preferred
• High School diploma required; undergraduate degree preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with the Banner system preferred.
EOE. Applications from women and minorities encouraged.