Director of Annual Giving
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Eckerd College Job Description
Job Title: Director of Annual Giving
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor (Title): Associate Vice President for Development
The Director of Annual Giving will solicit prospective donors and administer programs to grow a renewable base of annual support from alumni, parents and friends.
• Manage personnel and direct the activities of the Annual Giving program and work with all gift officers on their responsibilities pertaining to annual giving, particularly unrestricted annual gifts.
• Conduct a minimum of 10 individual meetings with donors and prospects per month to include timely follow-up, detailed contact reports and strategic next steps.
• Set goals for the Annual Fund and other annual giving programs; plan a comprehensive schedule of annual cultivation and solicitation activities including direct mail, phonathon and personal solicitations; analyze and report on the outcomes of these activities.
• Produce monthly pledge reminders.
• Work with other campus departments and affinity groups including the Academy of Senior Professionals at Eckerd College (ASPEC), the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), the Waterfront and Athletics, to maximize giving to the College.
• Manage the President's Circle, an annual giving society whose donors contribute $5,000 or more annually.
• Use considerable creativity and imagination in identifying and implementing new programs to increase participation in annual giving and gifts at the leadership level of $1,000 and above.
• Coordinate Parent Council recruitment, communications, meetings and events.
• Coordinate the logistics and produce materials for special events related to annual giving (e.g., giving societies, meetings, recognition events, reunion class giving).
• Recruit and train volunteer solicitors including members of Parent Council, Alumni Leadership Council, Reunion Giving Committees and a possible future President's Circle Council; solicit gifts from some of these volunteer leaders.
• Oversee the corporate matching gift program, ensuring timely remittance of paperwork for distribution of corporate funds; set goals to increase alumni participation with program.
• Represent the College at special events and in the community in order to cultivate future and steward current donors.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Development and Vice President for Advancement.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of three years' experience in development with strong preference for those who have been professional fundraisers for educational institutions.
• Ability to solicit alumni, parents and friends using the telephone in a professional and strategic manner.
• Willing work evenings and weekends and travel when necessary.
• Above average understanding of database management; Blackbaud Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel: using advanced functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and multiple-level sorting and filtering.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word: creating mail merges, tracking changes/edits, and creating and formatting tables.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to use considerable tact and diplomacy.
• Articulate, professional demeanor with ability to motive others.
• Keen attention to detail and precision.
• Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to synthesize multiple ideas into a cohesive plan of action.
EOE. Applications from women and minorities encouraged.
Apply online at https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/
Position will remain open until a candidate is selected.