Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Development
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Eckerd College Job Description
Job Title: Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Immediate Supervisor (Title): Associate Vice President for Development
The Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Development provides administrative support to this position as well as the Major Gifts and Annual Fund teams, where needed, to advance the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the College's donors.
• Understand and apply the donor moves management cycle (identification, discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) to maintain confidential donor records and documentation.
• Update records in and create reports and mailing lists from the College's Blackbaud Raiser's Edge database.
• Responsible for the maintenance of planned giving records and coordination of the Kadel Society (planned giving donor society), including management of a comprehensive schedule of cultivation and solicitation activities.
• Participate in and record minutes for Major Gift and Planned Giving meetings.
• Draft and send correspondence, including gift acknowledgement, thank-you, follow-up and lead letters.
• Create emails for broad distribution via email marketing software.
• Assist with coordination of special events and travel plans, and welcome of visitors to campus when needed.
• Responsible for reimbursements, invoice payments, account transfers, cash advances.
• Serve as the receptionist and open mail for the Office of Advancement, when necessary.
• Supervise part-time student assistant(s) for office clerical needs.
• Prioritize tasks and completes work assignments in a timely manner.
• Assist with purchase orders, office and stationary supplies.
• Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge of and proficiency in MS Office/Windows XP, especially Word mail merge and Excel worksheet functions. Experience and ability to create mail merges, tracking changes/edits, and creating and formatting tables.
2. Above average understanding of database management; Blackbaud Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
3. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel: using advanced functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and multiple-level sorting and filtering.
4. Ability to work and communicate with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and donors.
5. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Organized self-starter able to work with minimum supervision.
7. Must have keen attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Must be a team player and work effectively under pressure.
9. Pleasant and courteous telephone manner.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma required.
2. Three years office experience to include secretarial and administrative assistant skills preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media