Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Number: R00009
Position Title: Assistant Coach – Women's Basketball
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Athletics and Head Coach Women's Basketball
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary (briefly describe the general purpose of the position)
The Assistant Women's Basketball Coach supports the head coach in all aspects of Eckerd College's Division II Women's Basketball program. The assistant coach is responsible for pre-season training and conditioning, assisting with recruitment, academic monitoring, scheduling, individual workouts, practice preparation and implementation, mentoring, and game coaching.
Essential Functions (list primary functions of the position)
● Responsible for the safety and well-being of all women's basketball student-athletes
● Assist in managing the day to day operations of the women's basketball program.
● Plan and implement daily training sessions of women's basketball players.
● Plan and organize team travel and meals.
● Assists the head coach with the recruiting process in conjunction with all NCAA, SSC, and Eckerd College rules and regulations.
● Assist Head Coach with academic monitoring and progress of players.
● Manage women's basketball social media accounts in conjunction with all NCAA, SSC, and Eckerd College rules and regulations.
● Help with the citizenship and character development of women's basketball players.
● Work collaboratively with Sports Information personnel, departmental support staff and athletic training personnel.
● Assist as needed with home athletic event game operations in the fall and spring seasons.
● Assist with the ordering of team gear and equipment.
● Works in conjunction with all athletics department personnel in serving the mission of the college to provide excellent, innovative undergraduate liberal arts education and lifelong learning programs in the unique Florida environment.
● All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Head Women's Basketball Coach.
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
● Excellent Computer Skills / Graphic Design Experience a plus
● Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree Preferred
● Prior basketball playing or coaching experience required
● Experience recruiting college level student athletes
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media