Athletics Internal Operations Coordinator
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Athletics Internal Operations Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Assistant Director of Athletics Internal Operations/Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary (briefly describe the general purpose of the position)
The Athletics Internal Operations Coordinator is responsible for monitoring compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Sunshine State Conference (SSC), and Eckerd College bylaws, rules, and regulations, regarding recruiting, eligibility, and admissions. They are also responsible for monitoring and processing all business operations within the Athletics Department.
The Coordinator will interpret and apply complex rules to a broad range of situations including but not limited to amateurism, recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, and playing and practice seasons. Responsible for the development and implementation of NCAA compliance educational programming for athletics department staff, student-athletes, donors and other members of the Eckerd College community. Will maintain student-athlete files/records for the Athletics Office, ensuring that all required NCAA and SSC documentation and reports are up-to-date and preserved according to the NCAA and institution's document retention policy.
Essential Functions (list primary functions of the position)
● Manage all facets of NCAA Division II compliance office
● Monitor initial and continuing eligibility of student athletes (230+).
● Monitor financial aid of student-athletes (230+)
● Monitor all countable athletic related activity for all NCAA sponsored sports
● Coordinate and implement interpretation and monitoring procedures to ensure compliance with NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and college rules and regulations.
● Conduct monthly rules education for coaching staff.
● Maintain the NCAA student athlete databases, Compliance Assistant and Front Rush.
● Correspond with the NCAA National Office and SSC on all NCAA compliance matters
● Monitor athletics website, Twitter and Facebook pages to ensure compliance with NCAA and Eckerd College Athletics rules and regulations.
● Process the generation of all NCAA and SSC reports including but not limited to the Academic Success Rate, Sports Sponsorship and Demographics report and Financial Aid Summary.
● Annually edit, update, maintain, and distribute the Student-Athlete Handbook and Eckerd College Coaches Handbook.
● Manage all athletics department business functions, including but not limited to proper coding and processing invoices, purchasing, records keeping, monitoring and reporting budget status, depositing and reporting all revenue and gifts.
● Works in conjunction with all athletics department personnel in serving the mission of the college to provide excellent, innovative undergraduate liberal arts education and lifelong learning programs in the unique Florida environment.
Position Directly Supervises (name/title)
● Work Study Students
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
● Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
● Master's Degree preferred
● Prior experience in collegiate sports
● Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
● 3-5 years of coaching experience in college athletics
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media