Part-Time Circulation Assistant/Evening Supervisor
- - Library
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
Eckerd College Job Description
Position Title: Part-Time Circulation Assistant/Evening Supervisor
The Part-Time Circulation Assistant/ Evening Supervisor is essential to the running of the EC Library's Public Services. The staff member acts as both an evening supervisor of Work Scholars, a circulation desk attendant, and is responsible for library security, library systems, customer service and reference referrals for Library patrons during evenings and weekends, approximately 25 hours/week.
• Supervising Library opening and closing procedures.
• Training and supervising Library Work Scholars.
• Circulation desk coverage weekends and weekday evenings including responding to patron inquiries regarding library collections, accounts, policies and procedures.
• Library security and maintenance referrals.
• In-person, online, and telephone research inquiries and referrals to Library Faculty.
• Access to all library materials including ILL, collections, and media requiring knowledge of the Library of Congress Classification System.
• Supervision of the Course Reserve collection, processing faculty requests, and preparing materials to ensure prompt student access requiring advanced knowledge of library systems and reporting.
• Processing Interlibrary Loan requests and assistance with the Eckerd Express Delivery Service.
• Patron assistance and troubleshooting of library technology and software, including computers, copiers, printers, scanners, microfilm, and integrated displays.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with PCs and software to ensure the functionality of library systems and operations and to respond to patron requests for assistance.
• Patron compliance with Library policies and procedures.
The current pay rate for the position is $12.00.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.