Media Services Technician
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Media Services Technician
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Media Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Media Services Technician is responsible for delivery, setup, and operation of audio/visual equipment in support of campus events and high priority special events. In order to support these events, the Technician must have a strong Audio Visual, Production, and IT background as well as experience directly interacting with high level executives and clients. The end result expected is a white glove service experience for presenters.
When events are not occurring the Media Services Technician will assist in the installation, maintenance, and support of all AV systems on campus. The Technician will also assist with lower level events as time allows.
● Inspecting and maintaining all audio/visual equipment including overseeing installation of equipment and providing necessary preventative maintenance or repair.
● Event scheduling, planning, and preparation.
● Video conferencing and telepresence experience.
● Solid understanding of a wide range of A/V technologies including control systems, video conferencing, audio conferencing, cameras, microphones (wireless and handheld), projectors, and other related electronics.
● Provide assistance to faculty, staff and students as required in the use of college supported equipment.
● Night and weekend events will occur multiple times throughout the year.
● Duties as assigned by the Manager of Media Services and/or by the Director of ITS.
Position Directly Supervises:
Student assistant workers
● Knowledge of audio/visual equipment and media, video delivery systems, sound systems
● Knowledge of A/V control systems – Crestron Toolbox and Fusion preferred
● Knowledge of desktop computer hardware and software support.
● Experience with technologies related to the streaming of live events
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Ability to communicate effectively with ITS personnel, executives, and clients.
● Experience installing equipment, repairing cabling, and working with basic hand tools.
● Physically able to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs
● Bachelor's degree in computer related field preferred
● 3-5 years' experience within the audio visual industry
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.