- - Human Resources
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Human Resources Office
Position Title: HR Generalist
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Generalist coordinates or leads a broad range of human resources functions with a primary emphasis on talent acquisition, talent development, compliance, and engagement and serves as the backup for all benefits related matters. As a true generalist, this role requires working knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations, including but not limited to: ADAAA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, Title IX, etc.
General HR Consultation
- Assist HR Director with employee relations matters. Consult and work with management on employee performance, disciplinary issues, and policy interpretation issues ensuring consistent application. Conduct investigations as needed and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Monitor employee engagement by administering surveys, conducting focus groups, analyzing results and recommending action for engagement and retention initiatives.
- Assist in the development of department goals, objectives and systems including evaluation of outcomes; recommend solutions, and edits/new procedures in support of efficiencies and service excellence
- Assist with developing and monitoring progress of the Human Resources Assessment Plan.
- Think strategically to anticipate the human resource needs of the future, recommend policies, procedures, and greater technology to all HR processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and ensure regulatory compliance with recruiting processes and practices.
- Develop reporting and audit processes. Collect and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of recruiting practices.
- Collaborate with management and staff to understand role, responsibility, required skills and knowledge for all positions; guide the development of, and review all position descriptions to ensure that they are accurate, FLSA compliant and aligned with the College's strategic goals.
- Attract talent via job advertisements, social media, job boards, professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Coach and guide hiring search committees throughout the search and selection process, including how to conduct interviews and evaluate candidates.
- Review resumes, conduct initial candidate conversations, schedule interviews, gather feedback, and conduct all necessary communications.
- Ensure a professional and positive candidate experience by maintaining ongoing communication and securing feedback both during the recruitment process and thereafter.
- Conduct regular follow-up with hiring supervisors to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans.
- Manage recruitment files and ensure that all files are accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Develop and manage a fully supportive onboarding experience for new employees to ensure successful assimilation into positions and to the College.
- In collaboration with constituents, develop strategies for professional development according to the needs of the division, department, and individual goals.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as lead on the Performance Development Process (PDP) managing the entire program, including educating and training management and staff, maintaining and coordinating the cycle to ensure timely participation and completion of the reflective self-evaluation.
- Coordinate and determine FMLA eligibility.
- Assure efficient and consistent compliance with College, Federal, State policies and guidelines in administering various types of leave such as FMLA, Parental leave, and Worker's Compensation.
- Oversee workplace accommodation requests.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, organization development, human resources management or other related field.
- 3+ years HR experience.
- HRCI and/or SHRM certification preferred.
- Higher education experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in employee relations, job description development and FLSA analysis, recruiting plans, developing and presenting training programs, developing policy and procedures.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Ability to synthesize information and apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in order to determine possible solutions.
- Negotiation, relationship building, influencing, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated effective interviewing skills and ability to utilize a wide range of sourcing methods including key word searching, networking, job boards, social media, database searching, and branding/advertising.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills.
- Self-motivating, with an ability to work independently as well as using a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes and procedures.
- Attentive to details.
- Business acumen, strong planning skills, and a high level of comfort with public speaking.
- An ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations including Title IX. Sound knowledge of HR best practices.
- Strong interest in self-development related to job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- HRIS and ATS experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media