- - Student Affairs
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Eckerd College Position Description
The Residence Coordinator resides on campus and is responsible for assisting in the total administrative and programmatic development of the Eckerd College residential community, which houses over 1,700 residents, in support of the institution's mission and the philosophy of the Residence Life program.
Reports to: Associate Director of Residence Life
Supervises: Assistant Residence Coordinators (ARCs) and Resident Advisors (RAs)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, twelve-month position
Duties and Responsibilities: To assist the campus community in the following areas:
Student Staff Development
● Coordinate interviews, hiring and placement of Assistant Resident Coordinators (ARCs) and Resident Advisors (RAs).
● Participate in the development and implementation of ARC and RA training, RA class, weekly in-service meetings, and other staff development activities.
● Plan and execute Resident Advisor appreciation events and activities.
Student Staff Supervision
● Assist with the organization and execution of the annual ARC and RA evaluation process, including designing the evaluation, distributing and collecting the evaluation, and correlating the feedback.
● Provide support and professional guidance to ARCs and RAs.
● Conduct one on one meetings with each RA twice per semester.
● Meet with RAs or ARCs when necessary to address behavior inconsistent with College Policy or expectations of position.
● Mediate conflict between student staff members when issues arise.
● Maintain Residence Life staff e-mail aliases.
● Create and maintain duty and on-call schedule for RAs, ARCs, and professional live on staff.
● Conduct walkthroughs of residence halls to monitor the cleanliness and ensure RAs are up to date with passive programming (bulletin boards, flyers, etc.)
● Supervise summer RA staff and schedule summer RA office hours.
● Administer and evaluate RA weekly reports.
● Oversee all aspects of ARC and RA programming.
● Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of RA programs in the residence halls.
● Track the RA and ARC use of departmental funds.
● Process reimbursement forms for RA and ARC receipts.
● Review RA Weekly Reports and monitor the programming progress of each ARC and RA.
● Work collaboratively with Campus Activities, Campus Safety, and other members of the Residence Life staff to plan and implement late-night and weekend programming on the residential side of campus.
● Maintain Residence Life bulletin boards.
● Order and maintain necessary supplies for RA lounge, bulletin boards, and first-aid supplies.
● Participate in one week on-call rotation schedule to address student conflicts/emergencies that arise day or night on campus.
○ Estimated on-call commitment of 3-4 weeks per semester.
○ Attend after hours campus safety meeting on Friday and Saturday nights of on-call weeks
● Support RAs and ARCs during night and weekend hours by attending residence hall programs.
● Mediate roommate and other resident interpersonal conflicts.
● Perform wellness checks on students as requested by Campus Safety, Counseling, or Outreach Services.
● Serve as a conduct officer of the College with responsibilities including adjudicating assigned cases, issuing sanctions, and managing relevant documents.
● Monitor and keep up to date the Residence Life website and social media pages and groups.
● Publish the weekly RA newsletter to be distributed Monday of each week.
● Assist the Housing Office with the planning and implementation of events such as move-in, check-out, housing fair, room draw, and housing assignments.
● Assist in the planning and implementation of division-wide events such as Autumn Term registration, Family Weekend, Explore Eckerd Days, and Commencement.
● Assist with orientation programs for incoming students during Autumn Term.
● Assist with Leadership & Self Discovery Program during Winter Term.
● Assist with ensuring the responsible use of the Residence Life budget including use of departmental purchasing cards.
● Contribute to ongoing revision of the student life policies and procedures in the Student Code of Conduct and RA Guidebook.
● Oversee residential community self-governance as needed and work to create other structures of student self-governance.
● Oversee ARC and RA postings and advertising on campus, physically and on social media.
● Create, monitor, and approve payroll and timesheets for the student staff of Residence Life
● Manage and approve student guest registration.
● Provide support to the Student Affairs main phone line.
● Carry out such responsibilities as may be requested by the Assistant Deans of Students, Associate Deans of Students, or Dean of Students.
● Variable work schedule.
● Bachelor of Arts or Science required.
● At least one year experience in Residence Life at a 4 year, residential campus as a professional or undergraduate.
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, intervention and peer counseling skills.
● Experience in crisis management.
● Commitment to a holistic approach to student development within the context of a population inclusive of racial, ethnic, cultural, and sexual difference.
● A collaborative and knowledgeable approach to working with all constituencies within the Eckerd College community.
● Positive attitude and desire to work in a challenging position.
● The ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information and student interactions.
● Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Publisher, and Powerpoint.
● Willingness to learn Maxient student conduct software.
● Furnished apartment including utilities, and cable service. (12 months)
● Meal plan while classes are in session. (10 months)
● Health and retirement benefits.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media