Part-Time Bus Driver
- - Continuing Education
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
Bus Driver (Part-Time)
Associate Dean of Continuing Education
Driving a 37-passenger bus, transport students to and from Eckerd and other sites within designated routes and ensure safety of passengers while in the vehicle by conducting pre-trip inspections and obeying safety regulations while on the road.
- Transport passengers on the Continuing Education buses to assigned destinations.
- Prepare for each trip by identifying the best possible route to each destination, factoring in variables such as traffic, weather, etc.
- Prepare and maintain a daily trip log.
- Ensure the bus is clean and fully fueled before each trip.
- Conduct safety inspections and notify supervisor of any maintenance concerns.
- Positively interact with passengers and College constituents including adult learners (OLLI) and special groups hosted on campus as well as any College groups.
- CDL Class C with Passenger Endorsement (Class B preferred)
- Current DOT Medical Examination Certificate
- Clean driving record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to pass mandatory drug screenings
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift, carry, and transport up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to help passengers on and off bus
- Prolonged periods of sitting and driving, sometimes in heavy traffic
- After-hours work (nights, weekends, holidays) as needed
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED; 3-5 years of applicable experience