Assistant Vice President for Engagement and Annual Giving
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Assistant Vice-President for Engagement and Annual Giving
Vice President for Advancement
The Assistant Vice President for Engagement and Annual Giving oversees alumni and parent engagement programs, solicits prospective donors, and administers programs to grow a renewable base of annual support from alumni, parents and friends.
- Manage and direct the activities of the Annual Giving program; work with all gift officers on their responsibilities pertaining to annual giving, particularly unrestricted annual gifts.
- Conduct a minimum of 10 individual meetings with donors and prospects per month to include timely follow-up, detailed contact reports and strategic next steps.
- Working closely with the Director of Alumni Engagement, oversee the strategies and goals of alumni programs and giving, including communications, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Set goals for the Annual Fund and other annual giving programs; plan a comprehensive schedule of annual cultivation and solicitation activities including direct mail, phonathon and personal solicitations; analyze and report on the outcomes of these activities.
- Work with other campus departments and affinity groups including the Academy of Senior Professionals at Eckerd College (ASPEC), the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), the Waterfront and Athletics, to maximize giving to the College.
- Create and manage an annual giving society whose donors contribute $5,000 or more annually.
- Identify and implement new programs to increase participation in annual giving and gifts at the leadership level of $1,000 and above.
- Coordinate Parent Council recruitment, communications, meetings and events.
- Coordinate the logistics and produce materials for special events related to annual giving (e.g., giving societies, meetings, recognition events, reunion class giving).
- Recruit and train volunteer solicitors including members of Parent Council, Alumni Leadership Council, Reunion Giving Committees and a possible future President's Circle Council; solicit gifts from some of these volunteer leaders.
- Oversee the corporate matching gift program, ensuring timely remittance of paperwork for distribution of corporate funds; set goals to increase alumni participation with program.
- Represent the College at special events and in the community in order to cultivate future and steward current donors.
Position Directly Supervises
- Director of Alumni Engagement
- Ability to solicit alumni, parents and friends using the telephone in a professional and strategic manner.
- Skills in written and verbal communication with the ability to use considerable tact and diplomacy.
- Skills in strategic planning with the ability to synthesize multiple ideas into a cohesive plan of action.
- Skills in public speaking and in presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of database management; Blackbaud Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel: using advanced functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and multiple-level sorting and filtering.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word: creating mail merges, tracking changes/edits, and creating and formatting tables.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 15 pounds at times
- Regular after-hours work required (nights, weekends)
- Some travel required (approximately 30%)
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree; 7+ years of experience in development/fundraising; Experience in fundraising for educational institutions preferred.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and two writing samples reflecting their fit with Eckerd College. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the position is filled.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.