Assistant Director of Advancement Communications
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Assistant Director of Advancement Communications
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Vice President for Advancement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Assistant Director of Advancement Communications drafts and edits high-quality content including major gift proposals, alumni profiles, web and social media copy, white papers, publications and fundraising collateral that supports fundraising and engagement activities of the Office of Advancement.
1. Write persuasive proposals for major gift prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations in collaboration with campus partners in Career Services, Academic Programs, Athletics, the Waterfront and other departments.
2. Research and compile alumni profiles and donor features that tell stories of engagement and philanthropy, interviewing donors, faculty, staff, students and alumni as needed.
3. Manage the publication of fundraising collateral, including case statements, project brochures and other print pieces in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
4. Oversee the Office of Advancement web presence.
5. Draft scripts and speeches for Advancement events, in particular campaign and presidential events, held locally and nationally.
6. Proofread invitations, letter templates, donor correspondence and other documents as needed adhering to the Advancement Writing Style Guide and AP Style.
7. Synthesize data and disparate information into effective written pieces for a wide audience.
8. Develop written materials to advance the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors supporting the President, Vice President for Advancement and gift officers.
9. Maintain records and prepare reports in Raiser's Edge database.
• Exceptionally strong communication skills and command of the English Language, both written and verbal
• Ability to adopt the College voice, with a keen eye for nuance and deep understanding of audience
• Attention to detail and a working knowledge of AP Style
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word
• Ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to handle complex situations and confidential information with professionalism
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 15 pounds at times
• Regular after-hours work required (nights, weekends)
• Occasional travel required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree; 3-5 years of experience in fundraising communications preferred; experience in proposal writing or development preferred
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.