Digital Content Manager
- - Marketing & Communications
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Digital Content Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Marketing, Communications and Web Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist with the creation and implementation of social media and related digital marketing content and initiatives, including video, to support the College's goals for Marketing & Communications and Admissions through the implementation and assessment of digital strategies and tactics.
1. Create text, photo and video (both pre-recorded and live) content for College social media channels and digital marketing campaigns for the Offices of Admission and Advancement.
2. Interview and collaborate with faculty, staff, students and alumni to create said content.
3. Support the social media strategies of the Offices of Admission, Advancement as well as Marketing and Communications.
4. Act as an on-brand voice of the College through daily management, execution and moderation of the College's central social media profiles.
5. Support a team of embedded student content creators set up to capture photography and video content.
6. Store, organize and manage digital assets for the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
● Knowledge/skills in still photography using a variety of cameras and related equipment.
● Ability to edit photography with Adobe Photoshop software.
● Skills in video production including pre- and post-production.
● Ability to use Adobe Premiere software.
● Ability to manage posts and stories on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube.
● Knowledge of graphic design principles.
● Ability to lead and motivate a team of student content creators.
● Strong writing skills with ability to adopt College voice.
● Knowledge of social media digital marketing.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
● Must be able to transport equipment up to 20 pounds.
● Prolonged periods of standing or walking.
● Must attend outdoor events and projects in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
● Occasional local daily travel to off-campus sites for photo and video shoots.
● Occasional after-hours work (nights, weekends, holidays).
Education and Experience (minimum combined education and experience needed for position)
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, new media, design, visual arts or related field.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.