Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Coordinator
- - Counseling and Health Services
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Coordinator
Department: Counseling, Outreach, and Health Services
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director of Counseling, Outreach, and Health Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Position Summary (briefly describe the general purpose of the position)
The Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention Coordinator is a part-time (20 hr/week 40 week per year) position. This is a grant funded position with funding secured for 4 years. The Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of best practice Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention and Education programs and services to promote and enhance student success.
Essential Functions (list the essential functions of the position)
1. Create, market, and facilitate programming for AOD Prevention and Education
2. Work with campus, local, and state partners and agencies to generate resources
3. Define, create, and support a compassionate culture related to bystander intervention
4. Identify College policies and procedures that may need modification or support in order to achieve the goals of the program, reduce harm, and help meet prevention and education goals
5. Collaborate with campus colleagues on programming
6. Work with groups such as student government, residence life, and others to fully engage students with programming and goals
7. Conduct appropriate assessments to better understand the attitudes, habits, and environmental risk factors within the Eckerd community
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of best practices in alcohol and drug prevention.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (include travel and after-hours work requirements)
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone.
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 15 pounds at times.
• Frequently required to communicate with students, faculty, staff, and administration verbally and in writing.
• Occasional nights and weekends required.
Education and Experience (minimum combined education and experience needed for position)
Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Health, Health Education or related field.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media