Advancement Services Specialist
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Advancement Services Specialist
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Advancement Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supports the Eckerd College Advancement Office through the management of gifts and data in the Advancement database including entering gifts and pledges, producing gift receipts, assisting with gift acknowledgements, managing matching gifts, reconciling of gifts and pledges, and maintaining constituent records.
Essential Functions (additional non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Enter all gifts to the College in Raiser's Edge database and produce gift receipts.
2. Manage the acknowledgement of tribute gifts and coordinate production of gift acknowledgements with appropriate staff.
3. Record pledges, generate pledge reminders, and manage recurring gifts in Raiser's Edge.
4. Oversee and coordinate online giving pages, including creation of new pages.
5. Process matching gifts and act as a liaison with matching gift corporations and related foundations.
6. Reconcile deposits, gifts and pledges with the College Business Office.
7. Create constituent records for new donors and manage existing constituent records for accuracy, including researching lost and deceased alumni and donors.
8. Coordinate and process mass record updates from outside sources such as NCOA, Phonathon, events, etc.
9. Ensure accuracy of information in donor database.
10. Assist with producing and ensuring accuracy of weekly reports.
11. Oversee and produce scheduled mail and email lists for solicitation and information, both internally and across campus.
12. Coordinate the hiring, supervision, and budgeting of student workers for the Advancement Office.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Skills in verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence.
• Ability to learn new software and process data in a timely fashion.
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone.
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 15 pounds at times.
• Work must frequently be performed in noisy environments.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or three years of related experience in data management position; experience with Raiser's Edge software preferred
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.