- - Human Resources
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: HR Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides support for Human Resources as a front-line contact for employee questions and issues, enters and ensures accuracy of payroll deductions and remittances, and assists with administration of various HR-related initiatives.
Essential Functions (additional non-essential functions may be assigned)
1. Serve as initial contact for employee questions and issues with benefits; assist with answering other employment-related inquiries.
2. Assist with administering FMLA and Worker's Compensation.
3. Assist with staff hiring process including extending job offers to staff candidates, preparing offer letters, checking employment references, and verifying education.
4. Maintain and update information on internal HR website.
5. Serve as HR representative for the College's wellness initiative.
6. Process unemployment claims and provide College's response to claims.
7. Enter payroll data such as benefits deductions and retirement reductions
8. Submit payroll remittances for FSA, HSA, 403(b), etc.
9. Assist with coordination of exit interviews and employee off-boarding.
10. Assist with planning and development of enhanced employee onboarding program.
Position(s) Directly Supervised (title)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
• Skills in written and verbal communication.
• Knowledge of HR principles, best practices, and procedures.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
• Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone.
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 15 pounds at times.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or 1-2 years of related experience in Human Resources
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media