Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Vice President for Advancement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supports the Vice President for Advancement by managing multiple simultaneous projects, a complex calendar and communications with trustees, alumni, parents and friends.
Essential Functions (additional non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Manage the Vice President's calendar to schedule appointments, meet deadlines and coordinate workflow.
2. Prepare the Vice President for meetings with colleagues and donors by producing agendas and background material, as needed.
3. Provide administrative support by answering phone calls; drafting and editing correspondence, internal and external documents, reports, agendas and briefings; and attending meetings and take minutes when necessary.
4. Manage the Vice President's purchasing card and reimbursements, and ensure all expense reimbursements presented to the Vice President for approval are correct.
5. Contribute to database integrity by maintaining individual records and constituent lists, recording contact reports and actions, and preparing reports and spreadsheets.
6. Coordinate Advancement staff meetings and assist with general office functions and events.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Skills in verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
• Skill in editing documents for correct grammar.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 15 pounds at times
• Work must frequently be performed in noisy environments.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or three years of professional experience
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media