Administrative Assistant, Library Services
- - Library
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Library Services
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Library Service
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Responsible for the organization and maintenance of office support for the Director of Library Services, Library Faculty, and Library Staff. The assistant serves as the point of contact for the Director of Library Services, office manager, and bookkeeper for the library.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Maintain ledgers for all Library account lines and communicate with Director regarding budget activity and future projected expenses.
2. Handle reimbursements, invoice payments, account transfers, and cash advances for Library staff.
3. Assists with event planning, internal surveys, focus groups, and compiling statistics for reports and external surveys.
4. Handles correspondence for Director and Library Faculty.
5. Records and prepares minutes for departmental meetings.
6. Use Google and Astra calendars to schedule library spaces and assists in setting operations calendar.
7. Maintains and develops administrative files, reports, correspondence, procedures, and forms.
8. Purchase and maintain office supplies and equipment.
9. Report building maintenance issues to Facilities and serve as primary contact for facilities staff.
10. Serve as department safety contact; train staff on applicable safety procedures and maintain Emergency Services Plan.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and WordPress.
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles.
• Skills in verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge of office equipment including printers, scanners, computers, and telephone.
• Ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and the general public.
• Skills in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone.
• Must be able to lift, carry, and/or transport items up to 25 pounds.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; 2-3 years of experience in an office administration or secretarial role.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.