Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball
- - Student Affairs
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Head Coach, Men's Basketball
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Supports the head coach in all aspects of the intercollegiate men's basketball program through planning practices and directing practice plans, game day preparation, recruiting, and coordination of all travel.
Essential Functions (other non-essential functions may be assigned)
1. Ensure the safety and well-being of all men's basketball student-athletes.
2. Manage all day to day operations of the men's basketball program.
3. Plan and implement daily training of men's basketball players.
4. Lead and coach Eckerd's men's basketball team in contests.
5. Plan and supervise team travel and meals.
6. Assist the Head Coach with the recruiting process in conjunction with all NCAA, SSC, and Eckerd College rules and regulations
7. Monitor the academic progress of men's basketball student-athletes and coordinates academic assistance and tutoring when necessary
8. Work collaboratively with athletic communications personnel, departmental support staff and the athletic training and sports medicine personnel
9. Oversee and participate in department-wide event management through assigning student workers.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Game Management student workers (~30)
• Must possess a valid driver license
• Must be able to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification
• Ability to identify, recruit, and retain competitive student-athletes.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Skills in cultivating relationships with athletes, alumni, parents, and donors
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Must be able to lift, carry, and transport up to 50 pounds
• Frequent prolonged periods of standing or walking
• Frequent after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays)
• Occasionally operates motor vehicles including golf carts
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree; at least two (2) years of experience as an assistant basketball coach in college, high school, or club athletics, or playing experience at the college level
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media