Assistant Director of Admission Operations
- - Admission and Financial Aid
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Assistant Director of Admission Operations
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Admission
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Assistant Director of Admission Operations assists with all aspects of recruitment and enrollment processes for first-year and transfer students. The individual works closely with the Admission Office and Information Technology Services to implement and maintain data systems, troubleshoot, and provide support to staff members in the use of the Common Application, Technolutions Slate, Banner systems, and other software. The assistant director manages the processes and resolves problems with data entry and data import/export files, provides data analysis and research, and maintains data integrity. The Assistant Director of Admission Operations also supervises student work-scholars and the staff that comprises the operations team (Systems Coordinator, Visit Coordinator and Reception Coordinator).
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Manage data entry and data imports for inquiries and applicants.
2. Generate reports with the ability to analyze trends and statistics.
3. Create and manage the application process (checklists, reader bins, completion documents) to ensure that applications are assigned, completed and evaluated. Coordinate all communication regarding a prospective student's application.
4. Produce and distribute all admission decision packets.
5. Document and maintain records of code tables, system procedures, and data mapping from online applications and inquiry sources.
6. Oversee quality control of databases.
7. Provide key support in maintaining appropriate quantities and distribution of admission publications and office supplies.
8. Support the admission communications plan by providing requested data for and executing mailings and targeted email to prospective students.
9. Manage new student checklists and coordinate with other offices as it relates to new-student matriculation.
10. Coordinate payment of admission invoices with the Business Office.
11. Collaborate with Information Technology Services on admission processes, annual updates, and other projects.
12. Actively participate in professional development opportunities through conference attendance.
13. Manage operations team and student work study employees.
14. Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for international student enrollment.
Position(s) Directly Supervised (title)
• Knowledge of Banner, Technolutions Slate, Microsoft Office suite, Common Application, and other enrollment-related software.
• Knowledge of higher education, issues facing higher education, and admission best practices. Ability to apply said knowledge to strategic decision-making consistent with professional standards and College goals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work effectively and stay focused during peak periods with a higher volume workload.
• Strong customer service skills and a demonstrated customer service orientation.
• Skill in training others on software, data, and office procedures.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (include travel and after-hours work requirements)
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 50 pounds at times
• Occasional travel and after-hours (night, weekends) work required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus four years of experience working in an admission office, or other higher education setting with the preferred background being in a selective, private liberal arts environment.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media