- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Network Engineer
Department: Information Technology Services
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of ITS
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) is currently seeking a talented and professional Network Engineer. This position will be responsible for maintaining and securing the campus network (wired and wireless) in collaboration with our network analyst and systems administrators.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Monitor, maintain, and ensure stability of the network infrastructure to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
2. Configure and install routers, switches (single or stacked), and wireless access points.
3. Oversee design and installation of new network infrastructure during campus construction projects.
4. Plan campus network infrastructure repairs and upgrades and coordinate installation work with external structured cable contractors.
5. Maintain redundant campus internet connectivity.
6. Maintain direct connect and VPN connections to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
7. Troubleshoot fiber (single and multimode) and copper connectivity issues.
8. Maintain the campus firewall and security technologies to protect campus resources.
9. Properly segregate network resources.
10. Professional cable management in network closets.
11. Maintain documentation of campus network design.
Position(s) Directly Supervised (title)
• Strong understanding of internetworking technologies likes VLAN, STP, and QOS
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot and support routing protocols BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, Policy-Routing.
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and support VPN connectivity.
• Ability to configure, stack, troubleshoot and support Extreme network switches.
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and support Palo Alto firewalls.
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and support Solarwinds.
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and support enterprise class wireless access points.
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues using packet capture tools.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (include travel and after-hours work requirements)
• Frequently required to lift, carry, and transport objects up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently required to move about the workplace, both inside the office and around campus.
• Frequently required to operate computers and other technology equipment.
• Occasional operation of golf carts on campus.
• Occasional nights and weekend work for troubleshooting system outages and performing network maintenance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or 5 years related experience
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media