Help Desk Coordinator
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Help Desk Coordinator
Department: Information Technology Services
Immediate Supervisor: Director of ITS
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Responds to telephone requests, email, and walk-up requests, and resolves many common problems such as resetting a password, updating the phone directory, and setting up 2 factor authentication. Manages the loaner fleet of equipment and ensure items are properly tracked and maintained. Assists in monitoring open support requests to ensure tickets are responded to in a timely manner.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Greets all visitors to the ITS offices and directs each to the appropriate support contact
2. Accepts and initially assigns ITS trouble tickets. May address the ticket if it is a common/recurring issue
3. Monitors outstanding requests to ensure proper follow-up
4. Oversees front desk equipment check out process
5. Identifies common problems so ITS personnel can develop related FAQs
6. Assists with routine maintenance tasks including things like; password resets, phone line modifications, account maintenance, etc.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
• Pleasant telephone manners and skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps products
• Ability to communicate effectively with Eckerd community members in both users-technical and non-technical terms
• Knowledge of computer operations including the use of email and web browsers
• Ability to set up email on a mobile device
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Frequently required to move and transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on a phone
• Frequently required to operate computers and other technology equipment.
• Occasional operation of golf carts on campus.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent; two years of experience in an office setting
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media