Applications Support Analyst
- 12-May-2021 to 20-Sep-2021
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Applications Support Analyst
Department: Information Technology Services
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Director of ITS
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Assists with implementation and support of all enterprise applications including ERP (accounting, payroll, procurement, benefits, student records, HR), Document Management and Learning Management. Part of team that implements new enterprise class systems as well as improving and supporting current systems.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Consults with functional and technical staff members on implementation and/or improvements of enterprise applications.
2. Scripts system tasks in both Linux (Shell scripts) and Windows (PowerShell)
3. Analyzes new systems to understand their implementation and support requirements.
4. Analyzes and compares different systems in order to develop plans to integrate data between them.
5. Securely interfaces data between systems.
6. Reviews system log files to locate system failures or performance issues.
7. Clearly documents system designs and system processes.
8. Performs maintenance tasks and troubleshoots system outages when necessary.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
• Knowledge of and experience with both Linux (Redhat/CentOS) and Windows servers.
• Knowledge and understanding of authentication systems including Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth2 and SAML.
• Ability to successfully initiate, track, and manage multiple detail-oriented projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse group of ITS personnel, students, and campus computer users (technical and non-technical).
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Occasional nights and weekend work for troubleshooting system issues and performing database and application maintenance.
• Frequently required to operate computers and other technology equipment.
Education and Experience
Associates degree in Computer Science or relation field; 1-3 years of IT work experience with the technologies listed above.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.