- - Counseling and Health Services
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Staff Counselor
Department: Counseling Services
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Counseling Services
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Provides short-term counseling and crisis intervention to Eckerd College students, serving as a member of a close and collaborative team of mental health professionals offering comprehensive mental health services to the student community.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Provides individual and group counseling to students at Eckerd College.
2. Conducts crisis assessment and intervention for urgent and walk-in appointments.
3. Provides outreach, workshops, and training on various mental health and wellbeing topics.
4. Maintains timely, accurate, and ethical records consistent with Counseling Services policy.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
May supervise practicum/internship training student(s), with appropriate supervision training and licensure.
• Knowledge of and experience providing a broad range of psychotherapy and counseling methods within a time-limited scope of service
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to work with clients from diverse backgrounds and marginalized populations
• Knowledge of and ability to use crisis intervention skills
• Ability to consult and collaborate both within and outside the College
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to keep timely, accurate and ethical client records.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to APA/ACA/NASW ethical codes
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and communicating in person or via email, videoconferencing, and/or telephone.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment including Titanium electronic medical records software and Doxy.me telehealth software.
• Occasional after-hours work required (nights, weekends)
Education and Experience
Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work or a closely related field; licensed or license-eligible as an LMHC or LMSW in Florida.
A cover letter in addition to a resume is required for consideration for this position.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media