- - Admission and Financial Aid
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Admission Counselor
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Admission
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Develops relationships with prospective students and their families in the assigned territory and provides information about the application and enrollment process at Eckerd College.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Develop a strategic and deep understanding of a recruitment territory as it relates to meeting application, admission and enrollment goals established by Director and Vice President.
2. Interview and recruit prospective students and their parents for assigned territory.
3. Review, evaluate and provide recommendation on admission files and applications, in excess of 70 per week during high volume periods.
4. Utilizing effective communication and relationship-building with prospective students, parents, and college counselors by letter, phone, e-mail and virtual conferencing.
5. Explain and discuss financial aid processes and financial aid packages for new students.
6. Assist with office event planning, research and publication projects.
7. Represent the College and articulate the value of a liberal arts degree to various external constituencies such as prospective students and their parents, secondary school guidance counselors and teachers, influencers of prospective students, and others.
• Ability to build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds including faculty, staff, students, prospective students, and families.
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
• Skills in public speaking and in presenting to internal and external audiences.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
• Excellent organization and schedule management skills.
• Fluency in Spanish
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged stationary periods of using a computer and communicating with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
• Occasionally required to move around campus to give tours to prospective students and families.
• Occasionally required to move and transport to 50 pounds.
• Regular after-hours work required (nights, weekends, holidays)
• Regular travel required (7-9 weeks in fall; 3-5 weeks in spring)
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree; experience in college admissions preferred but not required
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media