Athletic Communications Coordinator
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Athletic Communications Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Athletic Communications
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Assists with managing branding, communications, and media relations for the Eckerd Athletics Department. Primary areas of responsibility include statistics, social media, creative content, game operations, and website management.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Assist with creative content and branding efforts for Eckerd athletics including graphic design (digital and print), photography, and video production.
2. Assist with gameday operations including set-up, video stream, event staffing and tear-down.
3. Write game recaps, game previews and feature stories for assigned sports.
4. Serve as official statistician for assigned sports and disseminate postgame statistics files to appropriate parties.
5. Assist with managing the main Eckerd Athletics social media accounts and providing support for athletic coaches in the management of their team accounts.
6. Assist with information management on EckerdTritons.com including staff and athlete bios, season schedules and results, game stories, program records and photos.
7. Assist with pregame and in-game promotion efforts for home athletic events.
8. Assist with video production of live stream, game highlights and other special video packages.
9. Assist with recruiting, hiring and supervision of student workers and interns.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Student workers (~25)
• Knowledge of and skill in Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, Spark, and other CC software.
• Knowledge of and skill in producing and editing video using Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, and/or Final Cut Pro.
• Knowledge of NCAA statistical rules and guidelines for Eckerd's sponsored sports.
• Knowledge of effective use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Ability to multi-task and quickly troubleshoot problems as they occur on game days.
• Knowledge of AP style for sportswriting.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing in both grammar and content.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Frequently required to move and transport equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds.
• Frequent prolonged periods of standing, walking, or moving around athletic facilities during practices and games.
• Frequently works outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
• Frequently required to use a computer and communicate with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
• Frequent after-hours work required (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays).
• Occasionally operates motor vehicles, including golf carts.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree (communications, journalism, or sports management preferred); 1-2 years of relevant experience in a college or university athletic communications office. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media