Assistant Indoor Volleyball/Head Beach Volleyball Coach
- 13-Jul-2021 to 27-Jul-2021
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Assistant Indoor Volleyball/Head Beach Volleyball Coach
Immediate Supervisor: Head Volleyball Coach
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Assist with all facets of the indoor volleyball program and serve as the beach volleyball coach. Manages scheduling, travel, recruiting, social media promotion, and instruction. Responsible for the supervision, safety and general welfare of the student-athletes.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Assists head volleyball coach with the indoor volleyball program by providing skill instruction, assisting with practice and match preparation, and assisting with the recruiting process.
2. Plans and coordinates transportation, lodging, and food arrangements for road contests for indoor volleyball.
3. Manages day-to-day operations of the beach volleyball program including recruitment of student athletes, planning and supervision of scheduling and team travel, practice planning, budget management, and gameday planning and execution.
4. Manages social media accounts for both the indoor and beach volleyball programs.
5. Monitors the academic progress of volleyball student-athletes and coordinates academic assistance and tutoring when necessary.
6. Performs various athletics administrative and compliance tasks such as invoicing, gifts and miscellaneous deposits, CARA logs, and unofficial/official visit paperwork.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Student workers
• Extensive knowledge of indoor volleyball and beach volleyball fundamentals, techniques, and strategies.
• Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules.
• Ability to identify, recruit, and retain competitive student-athletes.
• Skills in both written and verbal communication.
• Skills in cultivating relationships with athletes, alumni, parents, and donors.
• Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and ability to use social media to promote the programs and reach potential student-athletes.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (include travel and after-hours work requirements)
• Frequently required move and transport equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Frequent prolonged periods of moving around gymnasiums, campus, and beach volleyball courts.
• Frequently communicates with others in person or via email, video conference, chat applications, and/or telephone.
• Frequently works outdoor practices and games in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
• Frequent after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays) and travel (day, overnight) required.
• Occasionally operates motor vehicles including golf carts.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years of experience as an assistant coach in collegiate, high school, and/or club athletics; experience playing/coaching beach volleyball and recruiting college-level student athletes or assisting with the recruiting process.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media