Financial Aid Specialist
- 01-Sep-2021 to 29-Sep-2021
- - Admission and Financial Aid
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Financial Aid Specialist
Department: Financial Aid
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Financial Aid
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Provides assistance to current and prospective students and parents with Federal, State, and Institutional Financial Aid processing via phone, email and in person. Responsible for assisting with financial aid award processing which includes disseminating award letters to students, oversight of the Federal Work Scholars, and ensuring daily coverage for the office.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Provides exceptional customer service via response or outreach from financial aid office email account, phone calls and inquiries to prospective students/parents, other departments or outside agencies.
2. Manages Financial Aid communications plan.
3. Supervises departmental Federal Work Scholars Program including scheduling and training.
4. Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail in a timely manner.
5. Aids with the review for accuracy and dissemination of financial award letters.
6. Assists with file maintenance in conjunction with Financial Aid staff.
7. Ensures that daily financial aid office operations are accomplished effectively and efficiently
8. Collaborates with departments and staff members to foster good working relationships and accurate information is being disseminated regarding financial aid.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Exceptional skills in providing customer service to students and families.
• Skills in data entry with minimal errors and with attention to detail.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
• Knowledge of and skill in Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and student information systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
• Ability to handle stressful or difficult interactions with professional composure.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Frequently required to communicate with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, social media, and/or telephone.
• Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer.
Education and Experience
Associates degree or at least two (2) years of related experience, preferably in a Financial Aid office. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Employment will require a successful background check.