- 01-Sep-2021 to 15-Sep-2021
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Web Developer
Department: Information Technology Services
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Enterprise Applications
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Pay Range: $50,000-$55,000
Responsible for implementation, maintenance, and security of Eckerd web servers and sites. Keeps content management software up to date, including multisite Wordpress installations, custom child themes and all associated plugin software such as Wordfence, on staging and production environments. Monitors the status of production websites and website and server performance, and maintains backups of websites which are quickly restorable in the event of a failure that cannot be otherwise addressed immediately.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Maintains website software including Wordpress and associated child theme and plugin software
2. Ensures staging and production environments are secure and delivering content at a high performance level
3. Recommends new techniques for achieving maximum security and performance of websites
4. Maintains integrated, custom website applications and associated databases and scripts
5. Monitors websites and restores them in a timely fashion if they encounter security or performance problems
6. Ensures optimum server and database setup on AWS, including server-side caching and CDN
7. Maintains and enhances campus portal
8. Collaborates with the application team as skills apply
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Knowledge of and proficiency in Wordpress software including custom child themes
• Proficiency in Wordfence security software
• Proficiency in AWS website server and database setup
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to solve technical challenges
• Experience working with CDNs
• Experience in maintaining and setting up domains and DNS records
• Experience working on both Linux and Windows Web Servers (Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx)
• Experience in working with database driven web applications
• Knowledge of HTML5, CSS coding standards
• Knowledge of SSL
• Knowledge of responsive design
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Occasionally required to work nights and weekend work to perform maintenance tasks or troubleshoot system outages.
• Frequently required to operate computers and other technology equipment.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a computer-related, communications, or writing field, or four (4) years of related experience; at least three (3) years of professional experience maintaining a WordPress website.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Employment will require a successful background check.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media