Assistant Sailing Coach/Event Management Concessions
- 02-Sep-2021 to 23-Sep-2021
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Assistant Sailing Coach/Event Management Concessions
Immediate Supervisor: Head Sailing Coach
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supports the head coach in all aspects of the sailing program through planning practices and directing practice plans, regatta preparation, recruiting, and coordination of all travel. Also responsible for purchasing and stocking concession stand items for all home athletic contests.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Manage all day to day operations of the sailing program.
2. Plan and implement daily training of sailing student-athletes.
3. Lead and coach Eckerd's sailing team in regattas.
4. Plan and supervise team travel and meals.
5. Assist the Head Coach with the recruiting process in conjunction with all ICSA and Eckerd College rules and regulations.
6. Monitor the academic progress of sailing student-athletes and coordinates academic assistance and tutoring when necessary.
7. Work collaboratively with athletic communications personnel, departmental support staff and the athletic training and sports medicine personnel.
8. Oversee and participate in department-wide event management through assigning student workers.
9. Manage all boat maintenance for the entire sailing team facility.
10. Purchase/stock concession items for Athletics Department Game Management.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Must possess a valid driver license
• Ability to identify, recruit, and retain competitive student-athletes.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of and skills in boat/fleet maintenance (fiberglass, gelcoat, etc.).
• Skills in cultivating relationships with athletes, alumni, parents, and donors.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Frequently required to move and transport equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Frequent prolonged periods of standing, walking, and/or moving from location to location.
• Frequently works outdoor practices and regattas in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
• Frequently required to perform after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays).
• Frequently required to travel to regattas and other events.
• Frequently required to move about campus and board/de-board boats.
• Frequently operates motor vehicles including boats.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree; at least two (2) years of coaching and/or sailing experience at the high school or college level and experience with team racing and knowledge of racing rules.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Employment will require a successful background check.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media