- 06-Oct-2021 to 12-Nov-2021
- - Student Affairs
- FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Residence Coordinator
Department: Residence Life
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Director of Residence Life
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Residence Coordinator resides on campus and is responsible for assisting in the total administrative and programmatic development of the Eckerd College residential community, which houses 1700+ residents, in support of the institution's mission and the philosophy of the Residence Life program.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Provide support and professional guidance to Assistant Resident Coordinators (ARC) and Resident Advisors (RA).
2. Coordinate interviews, hiring and placement of ARCs and Resident Advisors RAs.
3. Participate in the development and implementation of ARC and RA training, RA class, weekly in-service meetings, and other staff development activities.
4. Assist with the organization and execution of the annual ARC and RA evaluation process, including designing the evaluation, distributing and collecting the evaluation, and correlating the feedback.
5. Maintain Residence Life staff email aliases.
6. Create and maintain duty and on-call schedule for RAs, ARCs and professional live on staff.
7. Supervise summer RA staff and schedule summer RA office hours.
8. Maintain Residence Life bulletin boards.
9. Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of RA programs in the residence halls.
10. Track the RA and ARC use of departmental funds.
11. Review RA Weekly Reports and monitor the programming progress of each ARC and RA.
12. Participate in one week on-call rotation schedule to address student conflicts/emergencies that arise day or night on campus.
13. Mediate roommate and other resident interpersonal conflicts.
14. Assist with Pet Life as needed including performing pet checks in the residence halls.
15. Serve as a conduct officer of the College with responsibilities including adjudicating assigned cases, issuing sanctions, and managing relevant documents.
16. Monitor and keep up to date the EC ResLife Facebook page and the ResLife website
17. Publish the weekly ResLife/RA newsletter to be distributed Monday of each week.
18. Assist the Housing office with the planning and implementation of events such as move-in, check-out, and room draw.
19. Assist with orientation programs for incoming students during Autumn Term.
20. Assist with ensuring the responsible use of the Residence Life budget including use of departmental purchasing cards.
21. Contribute to ongoing revision of the student life policies and procedures in the EC-Book and RA Guidebook.
22. Order and maintain necessary supplies for RAs to use on advertisements, bulletin boards and first-aid supplies.
23. Create, monitor, and approve payroll and timesheets for the student staff of Residence Life.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Assistant Residence Coordinators (ARCs) and Resident Advisors (RAs)
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, intervention, and counseling skills.
• Experience in crisis management.
• Commitment to a holistic approach to student development within the context of a population inclusive of racial, ethnic, cultural and sexual difference.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information and student interactions.
• Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office suite and G-Suite software.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
● Required to live-on campus in assigned campus apartment.
● Frequently part of a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule, for three full weeks every semester
● Frequently required to communicate with others in-person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
● Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer.
● Frequently required to move around campus and ascend/descend stairs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Arts or Science required; at least one (1) year of experience in Residence Life in a small, private, liberal arts college, as a professional or undergraduate.
Eckerd College requires all employees to have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To request a medical or religious exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or email@example.com.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media