Media Services Technician
- 06-Oct-2021 to 25-Oct-2021
- - Information Technology
- FL, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Media Services Technician
Department: Information Technology Service
Immediate Supervisor: Media Services Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Media Services Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of audio/visual equipment in use at Eckerd College. This includes classrooms, conference rooms, athletic facilities, and theaters. The Media Services team supports important events on campus to ensure they run smoothly including virtual events.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Inspecting and maintaining all audio/visual equipment including installation of equipment and providing necessary preventative maintenance or repair.
2. Event scheduling, planning, and preparation.
3. Video conferencing and telepresence experience.
4. Working with Crestron's management software as well as working with Crestron control programs, touch panels, and digital signal processors.
5. Support campus events including virtual events.
6. Support a wide range of A/V technologies including control systems, video conferencing, audio conferencing, cameras, microphones (wireless and handheld), projectors, and other related electronics.
7. Provide assistance to faculty, staff and students as required in the use of college-supported equipment.
• Knowledge of audio/visual equipment and media, video delivery systems, sound systems
• Knowledge of A/V control systems – Crestron Toolbox and Fusion preferred
• Knowledge of desktop computer hardware and software support.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively with ITS personnel, executives, and clients.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Frequently required to move and transport equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently required to ascend and descend staircases, ladders, etc.
• Frequently required to move in different positions to accomplish tasks, sometimes in tight/confined spaces.
• Occasionally required to operate golf carts to transport equipment on campus.
• Occasionally required to perform work after-hours (nights, weekends).
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalency; at least three (3) years of audio/visual support experience.
• Experience with technologies related to the streaming of live events
• Experience installing equipment, repairing cabling, and working with basic hand tools.
Eckerd College requires all employees to have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To request a medical or religious exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or email@example.com.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media