Application Programmer Analyst
- 06-Dec-2021 to 07-Jan-2022
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Application Programmer Analyst
Department: Information Technology Services
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Enterprise Applications
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Responsible for gathering user requirements, designing, programming, testing, and implementing solutions that meet the needs of the college. The Analyst works primarily with the college's Enterprise Resource Planning System (Banner). Other enterprise applications supported include the campus Admissions system (Slate), Advancement System (Raiser's Edge), Housing System (StarRez), Accommodations system, Career Services Management System, and Student Travel System.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Serve as programmer/analyst for the Banner software package.
2. Analyze business requirements and implement solutions for them in the various enterprise systems in use on campus.
3. Write complex SQL queries to pull and push data from various databases (Oracle, MSSQL, etc). This includes the creation of custom reports.
4. Assist in the development of complex integrations between various enterprise applications in use on campus.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
● Ability to communicate effectively with IT personnel, students and campus computer users-technical and non-technical.
● Ability to clearly document system configurations.
● Ability to learn and improve business processes
● Ability to perform complex problem solving
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
● Occasional nights and weekend work required to perform maintenance tasks or troubleshoot system outages.
● Frequently required to operate computers and other technology equipment.
● Frequently required to communicate with others via email, video conferencing, chat applications, social media, and/or telephone.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree in a computer related field and a minimum of 5 years experience supporting all components of Banner
● 5 years experience wiring complex SQL queries
● Experience developing custom reports
● In-depth experience supporting higher education processes such as admissions, course management, grades, human resources, financial aid, finance, advancement, and travel.
● Experience integrating systems via flat file transfers, restapi, database links, etc
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or email@example.com.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media