Circulation Assistant/Evening Supervisor
- 23-Nov-2021 to 07-Jan-2022
- - Armacost Library
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
Immediate Supervisor: Public Services Supervisor
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Acts as both front desk attendant and as the supervisor to student Library employees in order to maintain a positive customer service experience for all Library patrons.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Supervising Library opening and closing procedures.
- Training and supervising Library Work Scholars.
- Circulation desk coverage weekday evenings and weekends including responding to patron inquiries regarding library collections, accounts, policies and procedures.
- Files library security and maintenance reports.
- In-person, online, and telephone research inquiries and referrals to librarians.
- Provides access to all library materials including ILL, collections, and media requiring knowledge of the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Course Reserves: processing faculty requests, and preparing materials to ensure prompt student access requiring advanced knowledge of library systems and reporting.
- Processing Collection and Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Patron assistance and troubleshooting of library technology and software, including computers, copiers, printers, scanners, microfilm, and integrated displays.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with PCs and software to ensure the functionality of library systems and operations and to respond to patron requests for assistance.
- 11. Patron compliance with Library policies and procedures as well as adhering and enforcing COVID policies and procedures.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
- Strong customer services skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and with the general College community, including students, staff, faculty, and the general public
- Ability to manage time effectively during peaks and lows
- Knowledge of Alma/Primo ILS and Google Suite, particularly Google Docs
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequent after-hours work required (nights, weekends).
- Frequently required to remain stationary and communicate with others in-person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/of telephone.
- Frequently required to operate a computer, printer, and copy machine.
- Occasionally required to move and transport up to 25 pounds.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required, college course work desired; supervisory experience working with student employees.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Employment will require a successful background check.