Campus Safety and Security Officer
- 04-Jan-2022 to 21-Jan-2022
- - Campus Safety and Security
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Department: Campus Safety
Position Title: Campus Safety and Security Officer
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Assistant Director of Campus Safety and Security
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Starting pay rate of $15 an hour
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance available effective on first date of employment.
• College contribution to retirement plan (10 percent of annual salary) available after one year of service.
• Paid holidays as well as vacation, sick, and personal leave available after 90 days of service.
The Campus Safety and Security Officer provides safety and security services which include the implementation and administration of programs that assist the Eckerd College community in maintaining order and/or improving the personal safety of the students, faculty, staff, guests and property of the College.
• Maintains a high visibility on campus as directed; always looking professional and exhibiting a pleasant personality in public.
• Responds to calls for service or emergencies on campus, in a timely manner, and proceeds according to standard operating procedures and guidelines.
• Enforces College policies according to EC handbook, local, state, and federal laws.
• Creates incident reports for all policy violations and incidents in a well-written and concise format providing the necessary information for follow up by supervisors and/or other departments.
• Communicates effectively with colleagues, departments and constituents in order to create a common understanding.
• Answers the phone, collects and/or provides information, and dispatches Officers to respond to calls as necessary.
• Conducts routine patrols of campus perimeter, exterior and interior of buildings, and special events to act as a preventative presence, enforce policies, and report and possibly correct deficiencies in security.
• Knows the location of key personnel, emergency equipment, and basic layout of buildings (including fire alarm panel, electrical panels, and access points).
• Completes preventative fire and life safety equipment checks, understands how to properly use fire/life safety equipment and is willing to utilize life safety equipment during an emergency.
• Perform access control by greeting individuals entering campus, registering guests, and locking/unlocking buildings.
• Works closely with other College departments to help foster a safe and collaborative environment.
• Willingness to engage in training and apply new techniques.
• Perform locksmith duties (i.e. cut keys and change locks).
• Enforce parking policies through communication and ticketing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Applicants must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to pass and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
• Willingness to wear established departmental uniform while on duty
• Must be able to perform and meet the physical demands required in this position (i.e., foot patrols, bicycle patrols, climbing stairs, sit or stand for long periods of time)
• Must be competent with computerized information systems and be able to accurately type reports using word processing software
• Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
• Possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's License and be able to obtain vehicle insurance.
• Must have a Class D License.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required, some college preferred.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or email@example.com.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media