Employer Relations & Internships Coordinator
- 06-Jan-2022 to 01-Feb-2022
- - Student Affairs
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Employer Relations & Internships Coordinator
Department: Career Services
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Dean and Director of Career Services
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Establishes and strengthens connections between the College and employers and community partners. Serves as the primary point of contact for employers who contact the office to post jobs, recruit interns, network with potential candidates, become mentors, and present to student groups. Researches and identifies employers and positions that would be an appropriate fit for students, creating lasting partnerships and serving as an advocate for Eckerd students and alumni.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Research and cultivate new partnerships between Eckerd and employers
2. Manage the Symplicity CSM including responding to new employer accounts and position postings (zeroing out daily), documenting employer interactions and milestones, and ensuring at least one hundred positions are posted weekly
3. Oversee weekly all-student newsletter and communications to employers
4. Communicate employment opportunities with Career Services team, students, staff, alumni, and faculty
5. Develop and provide monthly educational events and trainings for students
6. Coordinate and host frequent employer-related events (e.g., tours, meetings, class presentations, expos/fairs, workshops, networking groups, information sessions, and tabling events)
7. Develop and manage Career Contacts and Career Mentors programs
8. Assist the Assistant Dean of Students and the Assistant Dean of Faculty for Academic Special Projects with requests for internship funding and housing for summer internships
9. Collaborate with the St. Pete Greenhouse regarding the Eckerd intern position
10. Assist students with Independent Academic Internship Proposals and provide additional advising as needed
11. Continuously evaluate the career-related needs of students and alumni and work with Assistant Dean on annual assessment efforts
12. Collaborate with professional associations and community leaders/representatives
13. Ensure print and web-based resources remain up-to-date
Position(s) Directly Supervised
• Highly developed skills in interpersonal communication, networking, and relationship building.
• Knowledge of hiring practices and internship guidelines as they apply to college students.
• Ability to communicate information effectively in a public/presentation setting as well as in writing.
• Ability to independently design and implement internship and networking events.
• Ability to effectively manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Frequently required to spend prolonged periods sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and communicating with others via email, video conferencing, chat applications, social media, and/or telephone.
• Occasionally required to perform after-hours work (nights, weekends).
• Occasionally required to perform work locally off-campus to network and meet with prospective employers for internship opportunities.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years experience of relevant experience. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Eckerd College invites applications for the position of Employer Relations & Internships Coordinator. This position plays a crucial role in helping students realize their professional aspirations by establishing and strengthening connections between the College and employers and community partners. This position serves as the primary point of contact for employers who contact the office to post jobs, recruit interns, network with potential candidates, become mentors, and present to student groups. Moreover, this position researches and identifies employers and positions that would be an appropriate fit for students'creating lasting partnerships and serving as an advocate for Eckerd students and alumni. This position requires a dynamic professional who can seamlessly transition from administration, planning, and research to public speaking, relationship building, and advising.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media