Leadership Gifts Officer
- 02-May-2022 to 24-May-2022
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Leadership Gifts Officer
Director of Leadership Gifts
Supports the Eckerd Advancement Team in developing annual leadership and major gift donors within the context of a personal, affinity-driven fundraising philosophy.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit major gift, planned gift, and leadership annual fund donors across the country, with a particular emphasis on discovery visits to alumni and current parents.
- Proactively and strategically manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects and donors, generate a high level of activity and prospect contact; record all substantive activity in contact reports.
- Assist in the formulation of major gift program strategies.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Eckerd's strategic priorities and goals
- Represent Eckerd College at public functions and community and campus events.
- Work with other administrative and academic departments to coordinate activities to maximize gift revenue, and to approach donors in a consistent and coordinated manner.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- A flexible and adaptable team player with outstanding planning and organizational talents who enjoys the challenge of setting and meeting goals.
- A self-starter with a proven track record of gift negotiation and closure.
- A clear understanding and appreciation of the role of a private liberal arts college and a commitment to promoting its philosophy, mission and objectives, and the ability to translate these into creative fundraising strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all Advancement staff and colleagues across campus
- Intellectually curious with a proactive, problem-solving mindset
- Ability to travel extensively and work nights and weekends as required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer or mobile device.
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, social media, and/or telephone.
- Occasional after-hours work may be required (nights, weekends, holidays) to assist with advancement events.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree, plus 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in educational fundraising or comparable field.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.