Staff Counselor (Part-Time)
- 07-Jun-2022 to 15-Jul-2022
- - Counseling and Health Services
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
Position Title: Staff Counselor
Department: Counseling Services
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Dean for Counseling, Health and Wellness Services
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Provides comprehensive confidential mental health services to a vibrant community of undergraduate students through individual and group therapy, outreach programming, and consultation for all students, with an emphasis on serving students who identify from historically marginalized and underrepresented groups. Strengthens our connections with diversity partners on campus. Counseling Services is dedicated to providing high-quality and culturally competent mental health services to all students that enhance the development of the skills, attitudes and behaviors essential for personal growth, psychological well-being and academic success.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
1. Provides individual and group counseling to students at Eckerd College, including after-hours outreach as needed.
2. Conducts crisis assessment and intervention for urgent and walk-in appointments.
3. Provides outreach, workshops, and training on various mental health and wellbeing topics.
4. Keeps and maintains timely, accurate, and ethical records consistent with Counseling Services policy.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
May supervise practicum/internship training student(s), with appropriate supervision training and licensure.
• Demonstrated commitment to cultural competence and demonstrated successful experience in provision of counseling services to underrepresented and marginalized groups
• Knowledge of and experience providing a broad range of psychotherapy and counseling methods within a time-limited scope of service
• Experience in effectively assisting students coping with issues including, but not limited to, racial battle fatigue, bias incidences, microaggressions, and intersectionality
• Knowledge of and ability to use crisis intervention skills
• Ability to consult and collaborate both within and outside the College
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to keep timely, accurate and ethical client records and use Titanium scheduler/database
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information
• Adherence to APA/ACA/NASW ethical codes
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and communicating in person or via email, videoconferencing, and/or telephone.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment including Titanium electronic medical records software and Doxy.me telehealth software.
• Occasional after-hours work required (nights, weekends)
Education and Experience
Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work or a closely related field; licensed or license-eligible as an LMHC or LMSW in Florida. Two (2) years of related experience working with young adults in a college counseling center, community mental health agency, or comparable setting is preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media