Assistant Director of Admission
- 13-Jun-2022 to 27-Jun-2022
- - Admission and Financial Aid
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Assistant Director of Admission
Dean of Admission
Develops relationships with prospective students and their families in the assigned territory and provides information about the application and enrollment process at Eckerd College.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Develop a strategic and deep understanding of a recruitment territory as it relates to meeting application, admission and enrollment goals established by Dean and Vice President.
- Interview and recruit prospective students and their parents for assigned territory.
- Review, evaluate and provide recommendation on admission files and applications, in excess of 70 per week during high volume periods.
- Utilize effective communication and relationship-building with prospective students, parents, and college counselors by letter, phone, e-mail and virtual conferencing.
- Explain and discuss financial aid processes and financial aid packages for new students.
- Assist with office event planning, research and publication projects.
- Represent the College and articulate the value of a liberal arts degree to various external constituencies such as prospective students and their parents, secondary school guidance counselors and teachers, influencers of prospective students, and others.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Ability to build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds including faculty, staff, students, prospective students, and families.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
- Skills in public speaking and in presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Excellent organization and schedule management skills.
- Fluency in Spanish desired but not required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Prolonged stationary periods of using a computer and communication with others in person or via email, video conference, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Occasionally required to move and transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to move around campus to give tours to prospective students and families.
- Regular after-hours work required (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Regular travel required (7-9 weeks in fall; 3-5 weeks in spring)
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of experience working in a college admission office.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.