Medical Response Team Coordinator
- 15-Jun-2022 to 21-Jul-2022
- - Campus Safety and Security
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical Response Team Coordinator
Assistant Vice-President for Operations
Provides administration and oversight to the Eckerd College Emergency Response Team (EC-ERT), which provides medical and disaster response to the faculty, staff, students, and guests on the Eckerd College campus.
- Begins July 11, 2022 and ends May 22, 2023. (Hours vary based on meeting times of students.)
- Includes a housing stipend and a meal plan.
- Includes insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability)
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Assists with the coordination of operational and training needs of the Eckerd College Emergency Response Team (EC-ERT) with student leaders, Campus Safety administration, and external agencies.
- Creates long-term goals and objectives for the team.
- Provides operational oversight to EC-ERT during the team's operation periods.
- Helps provide administrative assistance to EC-ERT, which includes but is not limited to creating standard operating procedures and logistical support.
- Reviews EC-ERT responses, run reports, and actions taken to make sure they comply with the teams SOPs.
- Stays up-to-date on current emergency medical practices in Pinellas County.
- Creates opportunities for EC-ERT to conduct joint training with local emergency response agencies.
- Assists with Campus Safety operations during times of emergency or expanding situations.
- Provides training to campus constituents and EC-ERT in the area of emergency response, including CPR/AED training.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
EC-ERT Student Workers
- Ability to use applicable software and accurately type and submit incident reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR/AED instructor certification.
- Must possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator's license and have or obtain vehicle insurance.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Regularly required to move and transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to assist, move, and transport patients.
- Frequently works outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Frequently required to move around campus and to operate motor vehicles include golf carts
- Frequent after-hours work required (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays).
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person and via telephone, chat applications, and video conferencing.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or previous EMT experience required. EMT certification required.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media